Sunday, 21 August 2016
Beauty Tips With Ada: 5 Reasons Why You Need A Skincare Routine
You may be wondering why you need to have a skin care routine. Some people intentionally avoid having one believing that this automatically means spending a lot of money, becoming a product junkie or using harsh chemicals on your skin. There are men who also believe having a skin care routine is a feminine thing. This is not true because both men and women have skin and should care for it.
Before you close the door on having one, read this to find out why having a skin care routine is a great idea.
1) To resolve reoccurring skin problems: Some people have acne that has followed them from their adolescent years and this could be worsened because of the kind of products they use. Using a comedogenic product like petroleum jelly on oily or acne prone skin is bad news. It would only lead to blocked pores and breakouts. Therefore, understanding your skin and choosing correct products would go a long way in solving major skin issues.
2) Helps you use products in the right order: Some products are wasted during application because the skin wasn't properly prepped for it. Having a skin care routine helps you use products in the right order in order to get the maximum benefit. Usually the lightest product should be used first and then thicker products.
3) To ensure you're getting the necessary ingredients for skin to flourish: Your skin needs to get vitamins from inside and outside to be at its best. A good skin care routine allows you to purposefully select products with ingredients that would improve the look and feel of your skin.
4) To give products a chance to work: Having a good skin care routine encourages you to continue using products even when there is no immediate benefit. For instance, exfoliating is an important step in skin care but may not show you immediate results. Having a skin care routine therefore encourages you to keep using products that have only long term benefits.
5) Sleep and Wake well: Personally, I look forward to my night time routine. It seems very simple but massaging my face with a cleanser is very relaxing and helps me prepare for bed.
It's unlikely that you would discover the perfect skincare routine at your first attempt. You would need to experiment a bit to figure out what works perfectly and to identify products that irritate your skin but when you finally do, it would be worth it.
Ada Beauty is a creative writer and a beauty enthusiast. She has worked as a blogger for onobello.com and as a copywriter for an ad agency. She is currently the editor of daisyada.com.ng